Bonuses are awarded to the player for fulfilling certain criteria while racing. Computer-controlled opponents cannot get these achievements. A message appears on the screen when the bonus is earned, and the reward is extra credits.
- _x combo bonus!: Hit more than one pedestrian with the car or a power-up in quick succession. In Carmageddon, this bonus only reaches up to 5, and on the other games, to 10.
- Bonus for artistic impression: Hit a pedestrian creatively, for example landing on one after a jump.
- Extra style bonus!: Kill a pedestrian using the side or rear of the car.
- Piledriver bonus!: Crush a pedestrian between the car and a solid object (such as a wall or lamppost).
- Splatter bonus!: Hit a pedestrian in a way that it splits severely. This can be achieved by smacking it with good speed.
- "Nice shot, sir": Hit a pedestrian with a movable object that is not the player's car (such as a traffic light).
- Got 'im in the bollocks!: Intended to be awarded for hitting Satan's testicles in Hell. Bonus removed from the final game.
- This bonus is also unused in Carmageddon II.
Carmageddon II only
- Stitch that!: Hit a pedestrian with the ball of the mutant tail thing.
- Award for outstanding achievement: Hit a pedestrian with the mutant tail thing, when detached from the car. This can be achieved by spinning at high speed and cutting the tail so it hits a pedestrian.
- Cat 'n' mouse bonus: Make a pedestrian loose a limb without killing it in one of the player's impacts.
- Barbeque bonus: A pedestrian was burnt to death. Can also be achieved if one kills a pedestrian that is burning but not yet dead.
- Head-On Bonus!: Collide with an opponent head-on.
- Cunning Stunt Bonus!: Land on the car's wheels after spinning through the air. Sometimes, this bonus is earned while still in mid-air.
- Rollover Bonus!: Roll onto the roof and end up back on the car's wheels (Bonus removed from the final game).
Better known as scrollers, these texts appear when the player matches certain criteria, similar to bonuses, but unlike bonuses, you don't gain credits from them.
- Wot/What a punt!: A pedestrian has been killed in a stupid or gruesome matter. Generally appears if said pedestrian wasn't killed at its first strike.
- Dropped like a stone: A pedestrian fell from a high height.
|This article or section is a stub. You can help Carmageddon Wiki by expanding it.|